People often ask me: how can I spread the word about my venture? How can i share more widely and more effectively about the things I care about? How can I engage more people in what I do?
After all, you know that what you (or your team) offer is special, and naturally you’re eager for others to know about it too. But how do you do this?
These are all questions I can explore with you and help you to answer. With my creative consultancy I work one-to-one to help you generate enthusiasm for your socially-minded, community, eco & nature, wellbeing or green travel venture across both mainstream and more niche audiences. It's work I love doing and it’s a natural extension of the work I’ve been doing for many years, as a journalist.
Specifically I can:
· help you to brainstorm, explore strategy and practical, creative ways for you to spread the word
· provide fresh insights into the wider appeal of your project
· help you to foster connections and, if it feels appropriate, make introductions
· take the mystery out of the media, especially if you are press-phobic!
· offer tips on ways to use social media to promote your project, particularly if you’re loathe to enter the fray/can’t see the point of it!
. help you to come up with ideas, and write content for or edit your blog, website, or marketing copy
· offer support, coaching and encouragement
Why me? I've written for over 50 national print and digital media titles as well as more niche and specialist publications. (You can see the full list here). Alongside my work as a features writer, I’m also an award-winning published author, with one book under my belt and a deal for a second signed with one of the world’s leading publishers.
I have a foot in two worlds: the mainstream and the alternative (though happily these days there is more crossover) and can appreciate the perspectives of both. Whilst I’ve written widely on travel, wellbeing and lifestyle, I’ve also contributed features on nature and eco-spirituality, ethical living, complementary therapies, healing, personal development, social enterprise, sustainability and positive change. Over the years, I've made many connections with good people doing good things across a wide spectrum, which means I can offer you a truly creative and dynamic service.
As a consultant, I can offer flexibility in the ways we work together:
- via email or face-to-face, depending on the scale of the project and your budget
- on an ad-hoc basis for individual projects, on retainer for ongoing consultancy,
- or with one-off ‘packages’, from preparing tailored responses to specific questions to attending brainstorming sessions
- by offering affordable rates: I work from home so I’m cost-efficient vs you employing someone from an agency
The breadth of my career and personal experiences means that I empathise with the rollercoaster ride that you may be experiencing on your own journey, particularly if you're just starting out. You can relax – I won’t judge you! My approach is friendly, supportive, intuitive and encouraging. If you’d like to know more and to find out how we can work together, do drop me a line: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.